Friday, August 6, 2010

Happy 1st Brthday Invites and Banner (PS DT Project)






Happy Friday everyone!! Today is a very special day for me... It's my daughters 1st Birthday!!! I can't believe she is already a year old.. Where does the time go?? Well, it is also the 1 year anniversary at Practical Scrappers this week.. So, to celebrate they are having 5 different challenges.. Each day will have a different prize that will be awarded at the end of the week. And for some extra fun, join our forum and join us for an online crop all weekend long!

So to create my projects, I used my Design Studio to weld the happy from the Just Because Cards cart, the flower & butterfly from the New Arrival cart, and the one is from the Sesame Street Font cart together... The stitches & the butterfly's face were made with a black marker and the flower's face is a stamp from the Close to my Heart set "Scrapbook Kids Faces and Hands".. On the invitations, I used a stamp for the birthday and embossed the background with the Happy Birthday Cuttlebug embossing folder.. On the banner, I cut some large butterflies and flowers from the New Arrival cart.. The birthday was cut from the Sesame Street Font cart and I used a black marker to make stitches on them as while.. To finish the banner, I used a some ribbon and a hole punch..

Challenges:
Pile it On- Butterflies, bugs, and bees
Paper Sundaes -stitching
The ABC Challenge - A is for August
Simon Says Challenge - Sing It Baby (Happy Birthday)
Stamp Something -Photo inspiration
Frosted Designs - Celebrate Life

Let me know what you think:0)

8 comments:

Alica said...

wonderful! great job on stitching - wasn't it tiring to do all that faux stitches? ;)
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

**Treefrog** said...

Oh Amanda everything is just adorable! And a Happy Happy Birthday to your Adorable Daughter! I'll check in on all the fun this weekend. Take Care!
Theresa

Fiona said...

wow...this is great with all those bright colours...fab job with the stitching..must have taken ages...thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Fi

Debbie said...

Your invites and banner are so bright and cheerful! I love the black stitching! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs!

Barb Craft said...

Oh my word!! All of this is soooo adorable!! Check out that banner!! Wow!! And the detailing with the marker on all those cards looks great... but it must have taken forever!! Happy Birthday to your darling daughter!!
Barb :)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Aww this is so neat!! I love the embossing and the bright colors!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Jane said...

Stunning card and brilliant song choice! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp! hugs, Jane xxx

Debbie said...

this is so cute I am happy I found your blog and I am now a follower please visit me and hopefully you will be a follower with me now at http://craftydeb-ddscrafts.blogspot.com/